Chris Franklin came up with the great idea of setting up this blog in hopes that we would all share our experiences with blogging and to help others learn. For those that are new and just starting to blog, we hope you will gain valuable information from our trials and tribulations along the way.
In staying with that particular idea and theme, I wanted to share with you why I think WordPress is SO cool! So, let’s get started shall we?
The first blog I ever put up was a Blogger blog. Not knowing back then what I know now, I thought it was manageable and okay looking, and quite honestly, I really did not know much about blogging then and thought it was sufficient for my needs.
However, as I gained experience in blogging and started a business, I quickly learned that a WordPress blog platform offers so much more, plus I could save an enormous amount of money and build a web site for my business.
The following are just a few key elements that a WordPress blog offers based on my experience:
* Set-up and installation is a breeze, it’s quick, no HTML coding needed, easy to maintain and control.
* Ability to customize easily to your hearts desire with photos, images and videos.
* Create categories for efficiency and organization and I certainly needed that.
* Tons of great themes for free along with hundreds of plug-ins available; contact form, search statistics, auto responder, search engine optimization, spam controller and many more. You know us women guys, we like to make changes!
* Built in RSS which I’m sure we all love, need and want.
* Allows pagination so you can use a web site and create as many pages as you like.
* WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) content editor allows you to see your pages as you create them and by just a click of a mouse.
* You can use tags like keywords and drive traffic to your site/blog. This is huge!
* Unique permalinks are created with every blog post.
* When you comment on another WordPress blog, it provides a link back to your blog.
* Great to use with affiliate marketing as you can create as many as you like, it’s free.
* Content management system allows easy online access.
* WordPress is also able to handle a large amount of content, so if you post daily, no worries.
* Awesome support, help, forums and tutorials.
So for those of you new to WordPress, jump in there, get your feet wet, learn as you go and you will truly love it!
(Question to readers: “Are you using a WordPress blog as your web site? What sort of things have you incorporated into your blog?” Please answer in the comments below or you may even respond in a post if you are a contributor!)
Deb Lamb is the owner of Your Everything Services-Virtual Assistant Specialists, who specialize in customizing a variety of services for small business owners, entrepreneurs, authors, real estate professional, therapists, medical professionals, consultants, job seekers and staffing companies, just to mention a few. Your time is valuable and we can help you have more of it for those tasks that keep you from your family, social events, or just enjoying life and having fun! Just say Y.E.S to letting go and letting us be your professional partner for your outsourcing tasks and projects.
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/urevrythngsvcs
Let’s connect on Facebook, become a fan: http://bit.ly/2mdi2S