The Social Media World Forum (North America) occurred last week, but I think the video I have from it is still “fresh” despite my regrettable delay in posting clips of it.
- Microblogging (Twitter, Facebook status updates) has seen a huge growth in popularity.
- Microblogging has actually stimulated more activity in the blogosphere.
- The rise of professional bloggers.
- Blogging has become mainstream; traditional media has embraced the style and tools of blogging.
- Blogs are media.
- More people are reading blogs than ever before and blogs have had a strong political impact.
- More advertisers are advertising on blogs than ever before.
- Blogs and social media are great marketing vehicles.
(If you need to “puke” with me while viewing this clip due to all of my movement of the camera, I understand. My location in the room dictated quite a bit :-(.
You might just “minimize” the window and listen to the audio and forgo the video. The audio communicates Mr. Jalichandra’s points very well in this case)