Marketing your business blog takes consistency, persistence and constant fresh content. Creating new content and posting frequently will help encourage your readers to come back for more, not to mention the boost you’ll get from search engines.
There are many ways to market your business blog and increase traffic and exposure. Read on for some great techniques.
- Interviews. This is an excellent way to engage your readers. Make sure you interview someone that relates to your blog, product or services. If you are selling marketing services, be sure to interview the guru of marketing or someone who has an excellent record of success.
- Current Events. Any news relating to your market, you can be sure your readers are interested in reading about it. Be sure to post current events and the latest and greatest information pertaining to your industry.
- Contests. This is something that is fun to do and most people love a contest. People enjoy winning various things and they typically love a challenge. It really engages your readers and will have them coming back to see who has won or what has taken place.
- Content. This is one of the most important factors for marketing your blog. Having new, fresh and unique content not only keeps your readers interested, it helps in search engines as well. Make sure you use original content and nothing plagiarized as this will get you into trouble in many ways.
- Press Releases. An awesome way to draw attention to your business and its blog. Make sure you properly create a press release and submit it appropriately. There are many ideas and issues you can refer to in a press release and it is a huge marketing tool.
- Commenting. This can relate to comments people leave on your blog or comments you leave on others blogs. Make sure to offer advice, answer a particular question, guide or direct them in some helpful way. Also, be sure to always answer comments left on your blog to show you are an actual person and you do care about your readers. Never spam.
- Link Exchanges. Another great way to boost your rankings in search engines and increase traffic. Ask people you trust to exchange links with you. Typically, the more links you have the better.
Don’t be afraid to also post some fun and interesting articles. Some of the most commented posts on my blog was something I posted personally or humorous. I love to motivate people to have the best attitude they can possibly have while enjoying life and sometimes just posting something off the wall will get great results.
You’ve come this far, don’t be shy, lave a comment on ways that you have marketed your business blog. Thanks for sharing.