I know from experience as a Ghostwriter, there are quite a few people out there who really dread writing articles, blogs, or any online content for that matter. Most people who are not professional writers feel that writing an article would involve too much work, or that its wasted time spent on something people won’t read. Even readers can develop these feelings, especially if the article seems bland, boring or uncreative. The sole purpose of an article is to have it read, but also to share your important information, or something you are passionate about. In the end, if you don’t put forth the effort, it won’t be read and it will be wasted time.
Of course, for an article to be read, it must be written first! The focus should be put on making the article great and it doesn’t have to be hard or straining. You just need to pay attention to a couple of key parts and follow a few guidelines. Once you’ve incorporated these keys, and make a habit out of them, your writing can be fun and your articles can turn into profitable means for business.
Simply stated, your articles must be about something related to your interests or something that you have knowledge about. Whether it’s your business, hobby or something new you are learning if you know about it and/or are interested in it, this will make the writing much easier.
The bottom line is to create interesting content with creativity.
1. Create short paragraphs. When you write a paragraph that is lengthy, the words get all cluttered in the reader’s mind. Sometimes it can cause confusion, and worse, they might quit reading it. So, when you write a paragraph, go back through it and chop the excess off. Make it short, sweet and simple, and don’t forget to get to the point, that’s what readers are after anyways. Also, having 10 paragraphs that are a sentence or two long, is also an acceptable format.
2. Use some bullets. And I don’t mean those from a gun! (Being from Texas you have to watch what you say when you are talking about bullets). Definitely try to compose your main points into a bulleted or numbered list. Overall, the reader will be able to grasp and remember all the main points, tips, or keys you’re addressing. When readers see those bullets, they know that is where the tips start and they know they can get answers fast. Remember to indent them, so they are spaced separately from the paragraphs.
3. Sub-Headings = Sub-divided paragraphs. See here, how I have each tip in bold letters? This really helps to break up the paragraphs, or in this case, tips, so that it flows quite nicely. It also makes it easier for the reader to navigate through the article, from one point to another. This creates a smooth and efficient transition which will keep the reader’s attention.
4. Create an AWESOME title or header. If a reader is interested in your article just by the title alone, you are off to a great start, my friend. Titles are what inspire people to read. Think about all those trash mags you see at the grocery line counter, its trash, but you’re still interested aren’t you? Your titles should remain short, but enticing! They should describe your article, but again, in a simple yet creative way.
Examples: Reach out to your reader’s emotions or provide something interesting, such as, “Tips to make her want you now,” “How to give her goose-pimples,” or more commanding titles like, “Get her to say “I’m yours” in 6 easy steps.”
5. Keep the “Interesting” rolling. From start to finish, your article should contain things that are very interesting. You want the reader step back and say, “Oh, now that’s interesting.” Of course, you don’t want to overdo it and throw facts left and right, but you know, let the “interesting” flow. Real life situations are always great to engage readers because people can relate. Descriptions, details, metaphors can guide the reader’s imagination through your article. Remember, making their reading experience exciting, fun and pleasurable will bring them back for more.
6. Use facts and figures. Throwing in a few statistical facts, some numbers, or a graph or two can really drive your article. This is because it presents an authoritative presence. By no means do you want to make it too formal, but something light and easy will be engaging and it can help to back up whatever you are writing about.
Taking the time to really use these few steps will do wonders for your articles. Just give all of them or some of them a try and see which ones may work best for your article marketing efforts.
What are some of your tips that you have found work for you?